Christian social networking for Bible Study and Spiritual Growth.
Friday, 22 June, 2012
You are God's blessed
Today's Meditation: Genesis 24:31.
“... Come in, thou blessed of the LORD...”
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: Genesis 24:31-35
31. And he said, Come in, thou blessed of the LORD; wherefore standest thou without? for I have prepared the house, and room for the camels.
32. And the man came into the house: and he ungirded his camels, and gave straw and provender for the camels, and water to wash his feet, and the men's feet that were with him.
33. And there was set meat before him to eat: but he said, I will not eat, until I have told mine errand. And he said, Speak on.
34. And he said, I am Abraham's servant.
35. And the LORD hath blessed my master greatly; and he is become great: and he hath given him flocks, and herds, and silver, and gold, and menservants, and maidservants, and camels, and asses.
When Laban, brother of Rebekah, saw Eliezer the eldest servant of Abraham, he called him as blessed of the LORD and told him to come in to the house which he has prepared and there was also a place for the camels.
How are you called today? How is your testimony today? How is your witnessing life today? Are you the blessed of the LORD? Are you a channel of blessing? Do people welcome you inside their house? Do people open their doors for you to stay inside? Allow the Spirit of God to analyse your life and check these things.
Right from this day onwards you have to change yourself and draw closer to God seeking His presence and obeying Him truthfully. Laban gave a hearty welcome to Abraham’s chief servant who was his representative. Imagine how excited Laban would have been if Abraham would have gone to his house. Imagine how much God blessed Abraham. How was it possible and what is the secret of Abraham’s blessings? It was his simple faith and trust in God and obedience to God’s call. Do you want blessings like Abraham? Do you want God to call you as blessed of the LORD? Obey God and His promises. Trust only in God. Lead a life that pleases God. Accept God’s Word. Claim every promise from the written Word of God and live a victorious life.
Prayer: LORD, helpme to be a blessing. Amen.
Thought: God-fearing children are blessed of the LORD.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Kings 3:1-4:17
Thanks To: My Daily Strength Book.