What do you think,is there more then one way to heaven. Post a video or Discussion
Was the seventh day of the week made holy by God at the time of creation? If so, when it stopped being holy and why? Watch this video with an open heart and may the Holy Spirit give you the answer.
Listen as Leah describes how she believed, like many people do, that she was a good enough person to get into heaven. However, the three-time gold medalist shares the only way to heaven is to make peace with God by obtaining a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Leah shares how to do so and the joy it brings knowing you are forgiven and will have help to overcome all of the challenges one faces in life.
Oprah, one way to heaven, is it really so?
+++++ 1. Is Jesus the only way to get into Heaven? Yes. There is no other pathway to spend eternity with God, other than Jesus Christ. John 10:9 "I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture."
2. So people from other religions would go to Hell for not accepting Jesus? Anyone without Jesus will perish. John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." The Word of God says that no one will go to the Father unless they walk with Jesus. John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
3. But won't you go to Heaven if you are good enough and do good things? Nothing you do will be considered "good enough" to spend eternity with God. Jesus himself said that only God is good. Mat 19:17 "And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments."
4. That quote from Matthew just said "keep the commandments" to enter into life. Isn't that enough?Works of the flesh are not enough. In order to spend eternity with God, we must stop relying on our works, and receive Christ. When you truly do this, then your good works will follow. Apart from this, the Holy Spirit will never guide you to disobey God. Keeping the commandments in this fashion should be considered more than works; they should be considered "obedience" that is led by the Spirit. The righteousness of man is filth to God. Christ in us will be our righteousness.
Isa 64:6 "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away." If we are to "keep the commandments" the only way "we" will be able to do that, is by stepping down so that Christ in us, can keep the commandments. By our faith in Jesus, the law is fulfilled.
Rom 3:31 "Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law."
5. What about the Jews who believed God, but died before Jesus went to the cross? Jews at that time, were under the Old Covenant. They were following God based on the events, and commandments that He set before them. But something so amazing about God's salvation plan through Christ, is that faith in Jesus was certainly preached to those Jews who did not yet see the Messiah.
Acts 10:43 "To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins." The believing Jews who followed the Old Covenant are, in fact, saved. They anticipated the fulfillment of a Messiah that was promised by God.
Rom 3:21 "But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;"
We now have a New Covenant in Christ. The Word of God makes it clear that those of us living today, must accept Jesus.
Acts 17:30 "And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:"
6. You're saying that if a tribal shaman deep in the jungles of Africa dies, and he has never even heard of Jesus Christ, then he can't enter into Heaven? What about ancient cultures? Do they perish as well?
I do not mean to imply that "God only chooses those who he foreknew would accept his son." It is by sinful human nature that people reject the Gospel in the first place. From the start, the message of Christ is an offence.
Rom 9:33 "As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed." By God's grace alone, we are able to receive Christ. It is God who draws you to Jesus.
John 6:44 "No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day."
You see, as young children we want to do what WE want to do. That is the human heart. If we say that God looked into the future and chose certain people just because he knew those people would choose him, then He would see rebellion and resistance at first. That is what lies within us from birth. Therefore it is by God's grace that we are saved in the first place, and not simply by "our own choice." Grace is a gift from God so that we may actually "accept" Jesus Christ. When you're given a gift, you can either choose to accept the gift, or you can choose not to accept it. And what an amazing gift it is. It is by His grace alone that we can even muster the strength to unwrap that gift, so that we may see what's inside.
Eph 2:8 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:" Having said all that, no one knows the mind of God. Dying without trust and faith in Christ means that YOU who are HERE right NOW will perish without the covering of Jesus. If you're still troubled about those who have died before Christ and did not hear about the Gospel, then I would ask you to humbly submit yourself to God, and acknowledge that He is sovereign. You can be certain that He will deal with man justly and accordingly.
Rom 11:33 "O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!"
7. Are you saying that God can tell if a man will receive or reject Jesus before that man even makes a choice?
Yes. God knows all things. He even knew before the foundations of the world. That's why you hear people say "God has a plan." Because He is the Almighty God, and we are not. Job 42:2 "I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee."
God knows us, and He already knows if we will receive His Son, or if we will reject His Son. Moreover, if you are troubled that people who have never heard of the name Jesus might perish, then you should also note that some people are fitted to be destroyed. This can be a hard saying to hear, but if God knows that someone would never accept Christ, He can still use them as he will.
Rom 9:21-22 "Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:"